The step by step web design and development process
Posted in Web Design
Many of my new clients over the years have enquired about the actual process that is followed for a web development project from the start to end. I am putting that down in this post. Knowing the details of each step helps prevent surprises and enable stakeholders/clients to better manage the project and helps the developers to set right expectations.
The detailed process is as follows:
- We will start with clarifying your requirements and getting detailed info from you about various aspects of the site
- Next, we will start with the Logo design(if thats included in your package). 4-5 logo mockups will be created and presented to you for review and comments. Based on your comments we will modify the chosen mockup to match your needs
- Next, we will start with the home page design, 2-3 unique mockups(depends on your package) will be created and presented to you for review and comments. Based on your comments, we will modify the chosen mockup to match your needs
- Once the designs are approved, we will proceed with slicing(converting the design to xHTML/CSS). The markups created (xHTML/CSS) are W3C validated and tested across all major browsers.
- The actual development starts, based on the items for development, an initial round of items are developed and the site is hosted in our Test Server for your initial review.
- The review comments are worked out, any remaining portion of the site is completed and present to you in Test Server for final review.
- Any further issues/corrections/customizations are worked out.
- The final approved version of the site is delivered to you or hosted in your live hosting if you have one.
- We also provide a brief user doc that will guide you through the basic steps on how to use the site
- Please also note, we provide 6 months support for any issues found in our work
This 10 steps should help you get a better idea of our Web development process. In case you have any queries/clarifications, please feel free to contact us.